One of the biggest questions I get asked is about crate training: Should I crate train my puppy? The answer I have: always.
Crate training gives puppies their own space.
Crate training gives you a break and keeps puppy safe.
If your dog has to stay at the vet, they will be much more at ease.
Crates For At Home
- Midwest Double Door 30″ Crate This is your indoor wire crate. The double doors allow you to fit it in different areas of your home.
- End Table Dog Crate If you don’t like the look of a dog crate, but still want to use a dog crate, these blend in with your home.
- Playpen I love these for when you are housebreaking puppy. Simply attach to the sides of the crate, so they have a safe and secure area to hang out in while you make dinner
- Dog Crate Cover These come in a variety of colors and patterns, but they go over the wire crate to provide a bit more privacy for pup.
Kennels For The Car
- Dakota Kennels The top of the line protection you can get out of a dog kennel.
- Hardsided Kennels These are much more budget friendly, but I find myself replacing them about every 1.5-2 years. The doors sometimes fall off, the plastic strips and no longer holds the screws, etc.
- Framed Cloth Carrier If you want your puppy contained but hate the idea of them being smushed into a crate for longer rides, these are a nice option.
- Dog Car Seat Covers To contain any hair or messes, and protect your seats.
- Dog Bed With Harness I see these used a lot, and dogs seem to like them.
In The Yard
- Classic Dog House How can you not love this?
- Large Outdoor Area These provide an enclosed safe space if you don’t have a fenced yard.
- Yard Fencing If you want a barrier around a small area like a front or side yard, or to designate a potty spot for puppy.
- Electric Fence These aren’t my favorite, but a lot of families use them successfully.
- Run Line These are great for camping, going to the lake, and visiting friends.
- Seat Belt Tether We use these for quick trips.
- Doughnut Bed These are super cute, especially for new puppy photos!
- Crate Pads We buy a few of these and keep them on rotation for those muddy paw days
- Orthopedic Dog Bed Now is the time to think about their joints, especially if you have hardwood floors.
- Cozy Dog Bed Our dogs love dog beds like these, and they good for pups favorite corner in your office.
- Water Bowl A must in your puppies crate, and this design helps it not spill
Anything I missed? Let me know. As an amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.